Sustainability and innovation have long been a vital part of the Avery Dennison approach to business. We have used our passion for innovation and our technical expertise to refocus and transform our products, so that they have a minimal impact on our planet.
With Sustainability September once again upon us however, we decided that it was a good time to review our sustainability goals and highlight some of our eco-friendly products - designed with sustainability and minimal impact as core features.
Let’s take a minute to review our sustainability goals for 2025.
Our sustainability goals for 2025
- We will achieve at least a 3% absolute reduction in greenhouse emissions year over year, achieving a minimum 26% cut in emissions by 2025.
- We will only use 100% certified reclaimed paper, 70% of which will be Forest Stewardship Council certified.
- With at least 75% of our waste reused, repurposed or recycled, Avery Dennison will be 95% landfill-free.
- 70% of the chemicals we buy will conform to the Avery Dennison’s social and environmental sustainability principles; if this isn’t achievable, 70% of the chemicals we buy will enable the products we produce to adhere to these principals.
- 70% of the film we buy will be extracted and manufactured using processes that don’t harm our plant; if this isn’t achievable by 2015, we guarantee that 70% of the products we produce using these films will be environmentally friendly.
- We will continue to use our innovation and expertise to grow revenues from sustainable processes and products.
- We will continue to invest in gender equality, human rights and a safe and healthy workplace for our employees.
- We will continue to be transparent in everything we do.
In the spirit of Sustainability September, let’s now take a look at one of our recent achievements towards supporting the health of our planet.
Collaborating with WWF & the FSC in Vietnam to source sustainable paper
With many of our products requiring a significant supply of paper, finding sustainable and renewable sources to achieve our goal of using 100% certified reclaimed paper by 2025 has become one of our priorities. To this end, Avery Dennison has partnered with the WWF (World Wide Fund) and the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) in Vietnam to support responsible forestry, as well as the people and communities who rely on these forests for their livelihoods. The Avery Dennison Fund has donated $100,000 USD to the WWF to be used to expand the footprint of these forests.
Avery Dennison PVC free products
In support of our sustainability goals for 2025, Avery Dennison continues to create products that have a minimal impact on our planet. The following five products are a good example of our commitment to saving our environment for future generations.
1. Ultra-clear Window Films
As an example of our PVC free ultra-clear window films, Avery Dennison offers the SF 100-103 Ultra Clear Removable film and the IMAGin JT 5409 RUV Optically Clear film. These polymer films are extremely cost effective and eliminate the need for contour cutting around images. With good durability, dimensional stability and a clean removal, they are ideal for faster reimaging.
The DS Print SR is another example of ultra-clear Window Film which is an optically clear PET-based film. It is scratch resistant coating and ultraviolet block is an architectural-grade printable film that delivers crisp images and optimal clarity. Offering a limitless interior design flexibility and privacy on interior windows, our DS Print SR films have been engineered for UV cured & Latex wide format inkjet printers and offer fast and clean removal from glass.
2. MPI 1405 Easy Apply RS and DOL 6460 High Gloss
These high gloss PVC-free films are engineered to create vibrant colours that pop with life and conform flawlessly over rough and textured surfaces. They offer excellent print performance across all digital platforms, and outstanding durability and dimensional stability.
3. White PVC-free Films
The Avery Dennison Greenline GP 3400 and the Mactac JT 5425 PUV provide excellent printability, durability and stability. The GP 3400 is designed to work with conventional and UV screen print inks, as well as oxidative drying and UV-curable off-set inks; the Mactac JT 5425 PUV has been designed to be used with UV inkjet printers.
4. Textured Wallpaper and Wall films
The MPI8000 series is an innovative collection of inspiring graphics solutions that allow interior designers to express their creativity. With a quick and easy application, these highly customisable films can be applied to many different surfaces, and work flawlessly with solvent, eco/mild solvent, Latex and UV curable inks.
Avery Dennison is proud to be one of the leading lights in our journey towards sustainability and an eco-friendly future for our planet.